Monday, July 13, 2009

Is there a free software program to organize ideas for artists and designers?

I am a very busy Visual Designer and many times I get ideas in bunches, but cannot address all of them and they just escape, never to be seen again. I am very right brained, and have trouble dealing with rigid file systems. If I file it, I will probably never think of looking for it again. If it is on my desk, I am very disciplined to make sure that it gets done, so there are stacks of folders on my desk at any given time, and they get filed once i have completed that task. I have a mac computer, so any software would need to be mac friendly, and I currently don't have a budget to get anything expensive. I know there are others out there just like me, so I was wondering if anyone else has found a solution for the very creative but file challenged person. Thanks!

Is there a free software program to organize ideas for artists and designers?
I personally carry around sketchbooks of various sizes around wherever I go along with a digital camera. This way I can document everything that inspires me or intrigues me. If I find any sort of physical object I find interesting I go ahead and paste it into the notebook as well. Once a notebook gets filled up I put it up on my shelf and move on to the next one, and every once in awhile I sit down and flip through them and see if anything comes to mind.





This system has worked for me, and I personally don't know of any computer program that has the flexibility of the system that I'm using. It's not the most organized system in the world, but it works, and I personally think you should stick with what works for you regardless of how messy it may be.
Reply:http://freemind.sourceforge.net/wiki/ind...





Of course there's always the old fashioned text file.


No comments:

Post a Comment